Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Why?

Why do some kids not have to work as hard as others for what they have?

Why can some kids do wrong and not have to pay the consequences?

Why do MY kids have to work harder than others just because they don't have the right last name?

Why am I always perceived as the trouble maker when I'm just fighting for what's right?

Why are teenage girls so mean?

Why do some teachers and other people in authority not praise our kids when they do well and forget so easily the things they have done well?

Why do some parents believe anything their kids tell them and wear blinders to the bad things their kids are doing? Do they think as long as they ignore the bad behavior it will go away? Are some grown ups really that ignorant?

Why do people have to play favorites?

Why do some teachers tell kids they are not smart and that they should just drop out and get their GED? Yes, my child was told this and she has A's and B's this nine weeks.

Why do some people think the only right way is their way?

Why do bad things happen to good kids?

I could go on and on here but I'm sure most people didn't even make it this far. I am just feeling sorry for myself and my kids today. I'm mad at myself for having really bad feelings toward some people right now. I am not a trouble maker. I don't like anyone being mad at me and try to make peace when I can. But, when my kids are being hurt that's very hard to do. Seems like every day or so one of my kids are being hurt by either a teacher, boyfriend/girlfriend, friend, people in authority, grandparent....I guess even by me and Jose'. I just want them to know that no matter what anyone says to them or does to them WE love them and we think they are GOOD PEOPLE. I don't always agree with their decisions but I know they are good, if given a decent chance.

I guess that's all....

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Well, I personally think that your children are AMAZING!!!!

Tammy said...

Big hugs Vicki! We had an incident earlier this week that had me asking the *same quesions!

I think you and I both have *fantastic* children and we need to remember who will be here for them in the end. Unconditional love and acceptance...and they know it!