Thursday, May 28, 2009

Goodbye Sandy

Our sweet little Sandy is gone :-(. We are all so sad and can't believe we'll never get to hold her again and feel her soft fur and cute little ears. We'll never get to see her wash her tiny little feet and sit on our shoulders. I can't believe how much I loved that little mouse. I think I loved her so much because I knew how happy she made Landon.

He held her early this morning and then put her back in her cage. A few hours later when he went to get her she was dead. We found a beautiful little red box to bury her in and wrapped her in a pretty purple cloth. Before we wrapped her up Landon asked to hold her so I let him...he needed to. He held her up to his cheek and said, "Well, I guess this is it". ***Big Sigh***

She's buried now and we will miss her so much!!

2 comments:

Carey said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Sandy. I could tell she meant so much to Landon. Animals sometimes do the best job of showing us what unconditional love looks like.

Manic Monday said...

awwwww, sorry!!!!! i know he loved it!

your mmailbox is full!!!