Saturday, May 23, 2009

Landon's Graduation

Well, it's over and we made it through...barely. I'm proud of Landon and glad it's over.

It all started out well with Landon walking down the aisle with a big smile on his face and went straight to his seat where he belonged. I was feeling pretty good at this point :-).
Sitting in his seat like he was told to...
Then he started to get a little restless.
He did pretty good but then started not wanting to stand up or sit down when he was suppose to so I motioned for him to come down and sit with me. He stayed with me for a while, until it was time for him to say his part...he had the letter S. I was SO PROUD of him for walking up there in front of all those people and saying his part perfectly and very clear :-). As you can tell, he was very proud of himself. His part was..."Sue buys sausages on Saturday. Sam cooks sausages on Sunday. The sausages sizzle S S S (he made the S sound) when hot. Sam eats sausages, Sue does not".

After he said his part he went back to his seat up front. Things went pretty good for a bit and he even got a certificate for Most Improved Socially :-). Then things started going downhill. His hat was getting on his nerves so he took it off and then decided the tassle would be fun to play with. Then it was time for them to get their diplomas. He found a good use for his diploma too :-)...he told me later he was a pirate. Then it was time for them to move their tassles to the other side of their hats, which he didn't have on. Mrs. Cherie, his teacher, went and put his hat back on and fixed his tassle and when he went to sit down he missed his seat and hit the floor :-0. ***Big Sigh*** None of the kids laughed at him but I did hear a few chuckles from the audience. I guess I can't blame them, I laughed a little too. And then it was over and the music started for them to leave the stage. I don't even know where his tassle was by this time :-/. And it was over. So what if he couldn't sit still...so what if he ate his tassle like speghetti...so what if he used his diploma as a periscope and didn't have his hat on for most of the time. He did the best he could and I am proud of him. Everyone told me what a good job he did and really I don't even think they noticed all the things I did...or they didn't think it mattered.

Afterward was the reception. We each decorated half a table for our child and those tables were all in the reception area.

Landon's Aunt Lori and Uncle Deano came and I was so happy they were there. It meant a lot to me that they took time out of their day to be there for Landon. Lori had her good camera with her and it's because of her I have really good pictures. I got a few but I was so nervous and busy dealing with Landon that I didn't get a lot of pictures...but she did. Thank you Lori!! PawPaw Byron and MawMaw Lynn were also there. They gave him a cute little card and $10.00. Landon opened it and said "I'm rich". It doesn't take much to make little kids happy.
Before the ceremony Mrs. Cherie gave each of the kids a ring for graduation. Landon's has 2009 on it and some of them said Graduate. They are so cute and Landon is very proud of his ring.
Before Lori and Deano left she took a few pictures of our family...the ones who were there.

I wanted to also share the poem I wrote for Landon's teacher but this is already too long so I'll wait.

1 comment:

Shellie Tomlinson said...

OH, my gosh!!!!! Your note on my blog reminded me of yours and I slipped over. I'm so glad I did. My godson's graduation post stole my heart, Vicki! You did a great job with it, and you're doing a fantastic job with Landon. Love you bunches!