Friday, May 15, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation Pictures

Wednesday we were finally able to get the Kindergarten graduation pictures done. We had to put it off once because the photographer hurt her neck and again because of all the rain. The day we did them was hot and humid but at least the sun was shining and no rain.

I knew Landon wouldn't be too happy about the hat he had to wear and he wasn't but did better than I thought he would. At least he had it on for the individual and group picture.

For the first time we had their pictures done at the same place the Seniors have their's done every year. It will be cool when they are Seniors to look back on when they were so little and standing in the same place :-).
This is him getting his individual picture made. His teacher is trying to block out some of the bright sun.
Those little girls in Landon's class love him and it's so cute to watch them. One little girl, Ashley, came up to me and asked me if I would take a picture of her and Landon and she just wrapped her arm around his neck so sweet!!
Well, little Anna Grace saw them getting their picture made and also wanted one. She's a little shy so had Ashley ask me to take one of them so I did :-).

Then when we went in the house I saw all the girls sitting on the couch and told them I wanted to take a picture. Ashley said she wanted Landon in the picture too. It makes me so happy when I see how much his classmates love him and accept him for who he is. They never tease him or make fun of him because they just know this is Landon and this is the way he is. Watching them all together I felt so happy that I had chosen to put him back in school. I believe it was the right thing for him...he needs to be with his friends. He is not even the same little boy that I put in school back in August. He doesn't turn his back on people, he doesn't face a wall and cross his arms, he doesn't bite his hand and is not afraid of so many things. He also strikes up conversations with complete strangers. Even though he is way behind his class I don't feel like the school year was a waste of time because he has made a lot of progress. He will move on with his class because it's what's best for him. I will work with him this summer and his teacher wants to tutor him two days a week.
Their graduation will be Tuesday night, the 19th. He did it :-).

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I am so proud of BOTH OF YOU!!! What precious pictures!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

He did it! Yay! :) He looks super cute in his cap and gown. :) And he seems to be quite the ladies man. Hee hee...

Enjoy the summer!