Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break

Spring Break is going by too fast! I can't believe it's already Thursday :-(. The first part of the week was rainy so we didn't do anything, but yesterday and today are beautiful! Yesterday we spent the whole day out. We went to Walmart first because Kinley has outgrown almost all her summer clothes from last year and badly needed some shorts. They had some Sofie looking shorts for only $3.00 so I got her six of them. I wanted to get her some shirts too but they didn't have anything, which doesn't surprise me. After we left there we went to eat lunch at Fox's Pizza. I love that pizza!! We had planned on getting chicken or Sonic and taking it to the park to eat but we all wanted pizza instead. After we ate we went to the park for a while. It doesn't take much to make Kinley and Landon happy and I love that about their age. I want to keep them the ages they are and not let them turn into teenagers. I love that they still enjoy being with me so much and that I can make them happy just by playing with them. I had planned on reading while they played but ended up playing with them instead.

I had a few more park pictures I wanted to put on here but it won't let me. I hate it when it does that. I'll have to try again later.

Before we came home we went to the library to take back some books and get more. The kids played on the computers there for a while and even though I didn't need another book I found one. It's no fun to go to the library and not check out a book. When we got home I sit outside on my patio swing and read while the kids played. Kinley found a block of wood and got out the paint and painted a picture on it. I think it turned out really cute!

Today we are staying home because my mother in law called this morning to see if Christopher, my nephew, could stay with us for a while because she had something to do with work. I knew the kids would love having him here so told her it was fine. They have been outside some but have mostly been playing on the Wii. Christopher also gave Landon a boxing lesson, which he loved!

After I'm done here I think I'll go sit outside and read. I'm sure when I do the kids will come out there with me. For some reason they enjoy being outside more when I am out there with them :-).

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Sorry about the rainy start...but it sounds like you all are having a great week off!