Sunday, March 22, 2009

Eight more weeks...

Today makes me so ready for summer to be here. According to my computer it's 71 out there but I really think it's warmer. After Church I put my bike riding clothes on and went for my first bike ride in over five months. When I started riding it was like I had never stopped...except I was more out of breath than usual. It felt so good to be riding again because I've really been feeling out of shape lately. After I was done I stopped at the house and got Landon, Kinley didn't want to go. He only had one training wheel and was having trouble so we came back and Jose' put another one on for him. The training wheels are too small and don't even touch the ground so he was trying to lean too far either way. I got off my bike and pushed him off and he started riding w/out the training wheels :-). I am so proud of him!! I don't think we'll take the wheels off yet because they make him feel more secure.

I think it gets warmer earlier every year. I remember when Stephen and Kaylyn were little and we had a pool I wouldn't even start cleaning it and getting it ready until May. Then I remember with our last pool I would get it ready and they would start swimming in April. Now here it is March and I think if we had a pool they would already be in it. We had decided not to get a pool this summer because we have two pools we are allowed to use here and one anytime we want to but I think we've changed our minds. I want one we can use in the evenings and on weekends and I want one so when I sit on my patio swing and read the kids have something to do out there. The one we are looking at getting is a LOT bigger than the ones we've had in the past. The biggest one we've had was 15 across and the one we are looking at is 24 and four feet deep. I'm sure Landon would be afraid of it at first but he'd get use to it fast. I'm hoping he'll learn to swim really well this summer. Also, this one is not the one with a blow up top but the hard sided ones that will last longer.

Back to school tomorrow. Landon said yesterday he's ready to go back because he misses his friends. I hope he still feels that way tomorrow morning. I feel like school just started and now we are down to our last 8 weeks.

Oh, Kaylyn is now driving Stephen's old car...the green Dodge Spirit. At first she wasn't happy about having to drive it and thought we'd be able to get her something else. But, she's resigned herself to driving it now and even seems happy to have it. We put insurance back on it and tags and Jose' fixed her air conditioner and did some other work on it. It's so weird to see her in it instead of Stephen.

I guess that's enough rambling...

No comments: