Friday, February 27, 2009

Three Day Weekend

We've had a very nice day so far. The kids didn't have to go to school today so we get a three day weekend :-). We got to sleep late, which late for us is 8:00. I think the kids were up by 7:30 but they were quiet and let me sleep.

After breakfast we went for a bike ride. The weather is SO nice and there was a cool breeze blowing. We rode down to see the horses and feed them and played some in the little barn. They love playing on the hay. I was so mad at myself for not taking the camera. I told Kinley we may go back down there later with the camera. We stayed 45 minutes or so and then came home and started cleaning the back yard and patio. I picked up all the trash, Windexed the glass table, dusted the rocker, swept and now the patio looks inviting and I can sit back there and read and watch the kids play. While I did that Kinley cleaned up the playhouse and fixed it up nice. It felt so good to be outside!

Now we are inside resting and Kinley is taking a nap. Landon has gone back out to play in the playhouse.

We don't have any plans for the weekend, which is fine with me. Kaylyn is with a friend and Jose' has to work some this weekend. If the weather is nice we'll be outside a lot, I'm sure. Next week will be busy because Stephen is getting his tonsils out. Unfortunately his doctor wants to do the surgery on Wednesday and Jose' has a barge coming in so he probably won't even get to be there :-(. That bothers him, I know. So, my sister, Lori, is taking us. The good thing is that I didn't even have to ask...she offered. She's so good about things like that and I appreciate her SO much!! I don't know how long the surgery will take or how long he'll have to stay afterwards but it will be nice to have her there.

That's about it...boring entry, huh? If we go walking later I'll edit this and add some pictures :-)

Have a good weekend all!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Where is he having the surgery done? I hope he has an easy time with it! I'm so glad that he has finally decided to get it DONE!!!