Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Landon!!

My Landon turned 6 years old on February 6th...SIX!! If I really think back it feels like he's been here that long. Actually, it feels like he's just always been here. But, if I think back to all I went through to have my reversal and then to the day he was born it feels like yesterday. We got out his birth tape on his birthday and watched it. It was just as weird to see my other three kids and how young they were as it was to see Landon as a newborn.

We had his party on Super Bowl Sunday...like we always do. He's not comfortable being in a crowd so I still don't do big parties with his friends. There were 12 here, though...Jose' and I and our four kids, Sherri and her three kids, Kaylyn's boyfriend, my mother in law and for a while one of Kinley's friends. Jose' made shrimp dip, a sausage dip, those little barbque wieners that you put in the crock pot and cooked chicken wings, mushrooms and boudain on the grill. I made cupcakes and decorated them with football stuff. We did the cupcakes and gifts at halftime of the game, otherwise there would be no way to get the guys in there.



Some of us played cards during the game...


I couldn't let Landon's actual birthday pass without doing something. So, my MIL made supper for us and we went to her house. It was just her, my FIL, me, Jose', Kinley and Landon. Kaylyn and Stephen had gone to a basketball game. My MIL made tacos and tostadas.
I made him a cake...I think I did okay :-). We had already given him his big gift, Guitar Hero, at his party. But, I wanted him to have something little to open this night so we got him a football and MIL and FIL gave him $20.00.



He was so cute here watching his MawMaw sing "Happy Birthday" to him. It was a good night and I loved that we got to spend it with the in-laws. I think Landon had a very good birthday :-).

2 comments:

It's Always Something Around Here said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday!

I can't believe he is 6 though....how did that happen.

Kelly said...

He is getting so big! Glad he had a wonderful birthday!