Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What I'm Thankful For

I'm thankful for Jose' for being the provider that he is, working so hard and never complaining about it. I'm thankful that I got to stay home with my kids for 14 years and during that time he carried the whole financial load for our family...without ever making me feel guilty for being home. I'm thankful that he loves me so much and hardly a day goes by that he doesn't tell me how beautiful I am or how much he appreciates me. I'm thankful that even though things have been hard in the past at times right NOW they are good...we are good.
I'm thankful for my first born, my oldest son Stephen. I'm thankful for a very responsible young man who is mature beyond his years. I'm in awe of him leaving three days after graduating high school and driving 22 hours to work, away from home for the whole summer. I'm proud of the money he's made and saved. He has done so much more than most kids his age...so much more. I'm thankful for a son who loves me SO much and who I truly feel is one of my best friends. I am thankful for my oldest daughter, Kaylyn. I am thankful for her sweet spirit and huge smile that brightens everyone's day...everyone who can appreciate it. She tries to see the best in people and has a soft heart for people who are not treated fairly. I'm thankful that she loves God and is trying to live a life that pleases Him. I'm proud of her values and that she is determined to keep them...even when it's really REALLY hard sometimes. I'm thankful for her forgiving spirit which sometimes shows me I could learn a lot from her. I'm thankful that we are not only mother and daughter, but friends. I'm thankful to God for Kinley's life...that's she's still here with us. Not a day goes by that I don't look at her and know how blessed we are that she's here. I'm thankful that she listened to God when he spoke to her and look forward to seeing what he has in store for her life. I'm thankful that Kinley is not a follower and that she doesn't feel the need to do things like other people just to fit in or please them. I am thankful that she still likes to play with her dolls and is not trying to grow up too fast like so many girls her age. I'm thankful for the miracle of Landon's life. I'm thankful that God put it on my heart to have him and to trust Him and never give up. I'm thankful for the love of another son. I'm proud of who he is and I know that he is exactly the little person he is for a reason. God has big plans for Landon and all I can do is be here to help him and again, trust God. I'm thankful that Landon made me feel that our family was finally complete.I'm thankful for my sisters...my best friends. Where would I be if I didn't have them to talk to, cry to, laugh with?? Nobody makes me laugh as hard as they do...till I am crying. I need them and thank God that he gave us each other. I need thier approval and value their oppinions more than anyone else's. Thank you God for my sisters!! Sometimes, like now, when life isn't seeming fair and not much fun we have to remind ourselves how lucky we are. We have to remember what we have to be thankful for and how blessed we are. We should not lose sight of that. I just thought I would share some of what I am thankful for.






3 comments:

It's Always Something Around Here said...

Sniff....sniff....so beautiful Vicki!!! And you are so right it is important to focus on the gifts we have in our lives. I am praying for you about the challenges you are currently facing. BIG HUGS!!!!!

Sherri said...

That was a beautiful post! It helps to sit down sometimes and list those things that we are thankful for!!
Headed to the dr. today. I'll call you.

Power Up Love said...

The best things in life are free.

I invite you to share, your story at www.PowerUpLove.com.

Blessings...