Monday, November 17, 2008

Stephen is home :-)

After six months Stephen is finally home for good. Six months!! Those first two and a half months were the hardest for me. He was in Arizona alone except for my brother, but he wasn't staying with them. He was in an apartment with a few other guys that he didn't even know until he got there. He was paying rent, buying his own groceries, cooking for himself, washing his clothes...everything. I am so proud of him and so glad he's HOME. He'll start school in December so we'll have a few weeks with him home.

He brought the new Guitar Hero home with him. Landon was SO excited! He's really good at playing but also just likes to sit and watch Stephen play. Landon was a little jealous when Stephen first got home. Everytime I'd hug Stephen or spend too much time with him Landon would want me to pick him up or would hang onto me. He's not use to sharing me with another son :-).

Here are a few pictures I took of them all playing last night.

Look at my sons :-). Makes me so happy to see them together. Landon most likely won't have any memories of Stephen living here. I have to explain why there is so much stuff on my living room floor. Most of it is stuff Stephen brought in but all the stuff beside the front door is my sister's bags...they spent the weekend and were getting ready to leave.
Stephen, Landon and my nephew Carter watching above and
Kaylyn and her boyfriend, Zach, below.

It's funny how when Stephen is home the whole atmosphere of the house changes. It's louder, a little messier and just feels right :-). I slept good last night knowing all my kids were under the same roof.

5 comments:

Manic Monday said...

so why was he in Arizona? glad you have your family homw :) two of my three are away at college and i am loving it. though we had a great weekend last weekend when they were all home :)

Manic Monday said...

awwww growing up is good!!! sounds like a good way to do it, too, with your father and brother! will he live at home while he goes to school?

Sherri said...

It still makes me sad to see my suitcases by the door :(

It's Always Something Around Here said...

So glad that he is home!!!!!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

AWWWW! Enjoy them all together!