Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008


We had a perfect Thanksgiving day at my sister's house yesterday. It was our year to be at my Dad's house but since he's in Indiana Sherri and I decided there was no reason why our families couldn't get together. We decided to do it at her house since she has more room. Jose' fried our turkey and made the dressing and I was suppose to make the broccoli, cheese and rice casserole but he ended up making that too. He likes to cook, I guess. Sherri made a seven layer salad, sweet potatoe casserole, homemade mac and cheese, rolls and two pumpkin pies. Actually, Kinley and Madison made the pies.

We managed to get some family pictures before we ate and I even liked one enough to use as our Christmas card. This is the second year in a row Jose' and I have gotten in the picture. For years I just put the kids on our cards. Here's the picture I used.
We also got a picture of both our families together. Sherri got her neighbor to come over and take it for us....oh well, I can't get that picture to load.

Here is Kaylyn and I.Me with my twin sister, Sherri. After we ate Jose' and Jeff played video games and Sherri, Stephen and I played Spades for a couple of hours. I'm glad Jose' enjoyed himself so much and didn't mind staying as long as we did. The only thing that would have made the day better is if all our family could have been there.
I had more pictures I wanted to share but just can't get a lot of them to load. I have that problem a lot.
I'm so happy our families could be together for Thanksgiving. It's been a long time since we were all together like that. We vacationed together but Stephen wasn't with us.
Thank you Sherri and Jeff for having us at your house and for a perfect Thanksgiving day :-).




No comments: