Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 09

Easter is not my favorite holiday and I usually dread it but I really enjoyed it all this year. Even shopping for their basket stuff and clothes was fun.

We had Easter at our house this year. It was suppose to be Jose's family and mine but ended up being only my family. Jose's sisters all had other plans and his mom and dad didn't come. We had close to 20 people here, mostly family plus Kaylyn's boyfriend and my niece's boyfriend.

We dyed our four dozen eggs Saturday. I've always done a dozen per child and even though Stephen wasn't here we still did a dozen for him. Kaylyn wasn't here either so it was just the three of us doing them.
Easter morning Landon woke us up around 8:00 telling us the Easter Bunny had come and he was so excited. We woke Kinley up but let Kaylyn sleep. I do not wake up teenagers! She didn't get up for another hour or so. They got their baskets and hunted the four dozen eggs that were hid in the house.
Jose' cooked on the grill. He made burgers, ribs, sausage and boudain and I made baked beans and the kids and I made Easter cookies. My stepmother brought banana pudding and a frozen coconut/pecan pie for Stephen because it's his favorite. Everyone got here around 1:00. We hid the eggs for the kids before they got here because we wanted to do it before it started raining. Not long after eating our lights went out and stayed out for a couple of hours. So, we played Apples to Apples in the playroom floor. There were 10 of us playing...it was fun. After the lights came back on we played the Wii.
Kinley and PawPaw Byron
And with MawMaw Lynn

My two beautiful sons :-)
Stephen and my niece, Jessica.
When the lights were out we couldn't find Landon. This is where we found him..in Kaylyn's room :-).
What a fun day!! I always love how it feels after we've had a really big get together at our house and it was a success. Even with losing our lights for two hours, we still had fun.

2 comments:

It's Always Something Around Here said...

So glad you had a good Easter!!!

Kelly said...

Looks like so much fun! And LOL at not waking sleeping teens...we got ours up. They looked like death and have threatened me if I post, email, or even print the pictures!