Monday, January 26, 2009

In the kitchen

So far I've had three kids who enjoy cooking...although Kaylyn only became interested in the past few months, so it took her longer. Kinley loves it! She makes cakes all on her own and decorates them. She makes Ramen noodles after school and has cooked supper with supervision a few times. We have an old cookbook for kids that my stepmother gave to her a couple of years ago. She got it out the other day and found a few things she could make. On this day she made something called Wake Up Drink.

So, we got our ingredients together...I had to add sugar to the ingredients since our orange juice was unsweetened.

I cup up the apple while Kinley put everything into the blender.
Then she did the mixing. I was the only one who liked the drink...I actually loved it. Landon drank some but didn't love it. If I had the ingredients I'd make some more...or get Kinley to make it for me.
The next thing she wanted to make had something to do with peanut butter...I think I'll wait a while on that. I don't know if we have the all-clear on that yet.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I think I probably would have liked the drink if you did!
What's wrong with peanut butter?

Kelly said...

That drink sounds good. I wonder if you could leave out the egg? I would wait on the peanut butter too...better to be safe than sorry.