Tuesday, January 20, 2009

His Other Mom

Not everyone is lucky enough to have a Mother in their life. Someone who loves them unconditionally, no matter what they do and someone who cares what happens to them and worries about them. Some people spend their whole life looking for that Mother figure. Not Stephen. His Aunt Sherri, my twin sister, has been there for him from day one. We named her as his godmother and she has lived up to that responsibility. She stayed with us for the first two weeks of his life and bonded with him, maybe more in the beginning than I did. I was recovering from a c-section so she slept with him, got up with him, fed him and got him back to sleep. Those memories are precious to her. I'll never forget how when he was a week old she left for the weekend to give us some alone time. She went to my other sister, Lori's, house and when my BIL asked her how the baby was doing she broke down. She cried like she had left her own baby. She loved him like he was her own. She still does. I hope she knows how much I appreciate her. I hope she realizes what an influence she has on his life. I know if anything ever happened to me he, along with my other three kids, will still have a Mother.

Thank you Sherri for loving my kids like they were your own. Thank you for welcoming him into your home and making it his second home while he's at school.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

You made me cry! ThankYOU for sharing him with me! He will never know how I feel about him until he has a child of his own...because that's how I feel about him. He IS one of mine just as all of your kids are.
Thanks for this post...it was precious.

Rhonda said...

You two are just too sweet! I am a homeschooling mom and I visit Sherri's blog faithfully. I love hearing the stories about the both of you. Y'all are so blessed.