Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ornaments

I'm sitting here looking at my Christmas tree and all the ornaments on it. There are so many and they are all special to me. I can tell you where every one came from or who made it. I have some as old as when I was a kid and some I got this year. Last year when I was taking down my tree I decided to get pictures of some of the most special ones.

These are ornaments we've made either here or at school. The tree and snowmen aren't an ornament but I threw it in there because I'm proud of it :-)...I painted that about six years ago.

These are ornaments I've received from online friends. We do a gift exchange every year and I usually get an ornament. We didn't do that this year and I really missed it. Some people think that online friendships aren't real friendships but I'll argue that one with them. I am very close to some of my online friends who I've never met and probably never will.

The next ones are very special to me. On December 27th, 1989 I had a doctor's appointment. I was 9 months and three days pregnant with Stephen. I just knew he was going to keep me that day but once again he sent me home and I cried most of the way home. We stopped at Walmart that day and bought these ornaments on clearance. Stephen was born the next day.

I use to order from ABC Distributing a lot...did a LOT of Christmas shopping there. Every year I would order some of their ornaments. I stopped when our tree started getting so full there was nowhere to hang new ones.
My sister, Lori, has given me and the kids a lot of ornaments over the years. She made some of them and bought some.
This one deserves a closer look LOL. She gave me and Sherri (my twin) these last year. I love how Sherri and I look alike. It's the perfect ornament for us!!
Here are the ornaments made by the kids at school or ornaments given to them at school.
My best friend, Marcia, and I exchanged ornaments while she lived here and for a couple of years after she moved.
Oh, I forgot about these super cute ones. I LOVE my glass candies. They also came from ABC Distributing. I use to have more of these but have given a few away.
These are ornaments from when I was a kid so they are very, very special to me.
And here is our tree skirt. I made this YEARS ago. It's made of felt and sequins and took forever to make. I actually never finished putting the sequins on it. Every year I say I'm going to get a new and prettier one but just can't part with this one.
So far this year we've gotten three new ornaments...two LSU ones for Jose' and a Veggitale one for Landon but I don't have pictures of those yet. There's also several that didn't fall into any of these catagories that I didn't take pictures of.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I loved seeing all of your ornaments!!! I miss chatting with you every day!